söndag 6 april 2014

Update Sunday!

We've been working hard on several projects this week. Since there are only two of us it can be hard to be in the exact same place in the development at all times. There are many different ways of solving this, but what we're doing is having two main projects going at the same time (plus our university game projects but that's something completely different).

For example, I've already managed to implement all of the main mechanic and one enemy type in our bigger platform game Spear of Odin (wt). It didn't take much more than a week which is nice of course, but Viktor also has to draw all of the animations, backgrounds and so on. That takes much longer in the beginning of a project, not only because drawing is very time consuming, but also since things such as theme and art style might undergo several changes.

To avoid frustration and the killing of each other, I (Eric) can then temporarily work on our other game, Rookeys. Now, Rookeys is the result of having to change scope with a game. It used to be called Moonkeys but we realized that it would take waay too long time to finish the game with that particular theme (monkeys throwing crap at each other), so we changed the theme to robots shooting lasers. Explaining exactly why this is more time effective would require quite a long text and I'll spare you this, but in short, the animation work will be much easier now.

After a long Saturday full of work (bye bye social life), ten levels have been designed and implemented, a lot of graphics are alive, most game objects are bug free (ha!) and thoughts about teleports have been raised.

The state of Bedroom Squadron today

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar